- Be descriptive but concise: 250-400 words is a good goal.
- Describe what you see using vocabulary and concepts from your reading
- Find/make your own visual example (don’t use one from class reading).
- Include the image you describe. You will have to upload your image(s) to the media library. Make sure it is 72dpi, about 800 pixels wide, saved for the web as a jpeg. Credit your source (see below).
- Check the appropriate categories when you post.
– – – – –
Crediting Your Source
After you write a brief caption for your image, make sure you credit the designer/artist and the source: Who made it? Why did they make it? Where did you find it reproduced? Provide publisher and page number for printed material or web link for online sources. See examples below for how to credit different types of sources.